Sunday 29 June 2014

Citadel Giant Scorpion

Okay this mini is a bit special for me.

Ever since I started playing Warhammer in the early 90s I always thought the giant scorpion mini was awesome.
I only ever saw him in blisters on the shelf and for some reason never bought one. I was way too distracted playing my Undead army at the time which didn't really need him.

As a result eventually he left the shelves and then disappeared from mail order and I never owned one..

Until now....

I can honestly say this is on my top 10 favourite minis list and I am very pleased to have finally got him.
I assembled him within an hour of getting him and he will be painted within the next few weeks once I A) finish painting flesh tearers
B) decide which scorpion from the real world I want to base the colour scheme on.

but for now here he is in his leaden glory..



8 comments:

  1. You just made me buy one. I don't feel bad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the little nobs and spikes on that miniature... it gives him a lot of personality. The only thing that drives me a little nuts about his model (also the giant spider of the same vintage) is that he's so big he barely fits on a large base.
    Hope you post some pictures of your painted version... I keep meaning to post some of my rendition on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got myself one of those off evil bay too. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be the 27th again because here is the giant scorpion blog :) got it painted yet? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh, it's the 26th this time, curious. Still wanna see this guy done up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh, it's the 26th this time, curious. Still wanna see this guy done up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has it really been four months? So much has happened, we're such different people now. Paint your scorpion.

    ReplyDelete