Sunday 22 June 2014

Orcs & Goblins Teaser

Okay I'm still finishing up the flesh tearer army so no painted lead this week but I should be done in the next week or so. After that I should be back to painting some proper old-school minis..

until then here is a small teaser of some nice bits I got for my Orc and Goblin army (yes I have a large greenskin army too).
I am in the process of stripping 20-30 years of paint of the main part of the O&G army so no real pics of the main force yet but hopefully this little teaser will get you started.

These all came in a trade from a good friend of mine for a large part of my modern chaos army that I no longer play.

This is what it all looked like once I unwrapped it all.
Already you can see the obvious goodies here.

A box set of goblin battle chariots.. I love the old boxes the all have stories and special rules on the back of them. I took some pics of the backs so you can read for yourself. these old minis are all full of character.


 
 
 
 
Next up is a boxed Skull Crusher. the back tells the story of how an army of goblins defeated a dwarf army at Karak-Azul and stole this from them. Its quite unusual as the skull crusher is a magical machine that talks to the goblins.
 




Last of the box sets is a Lead Belcher. Again with a great back story which includes the skull crusher in it and how the same army moved on with the skull crusher to defeat more dwarves and then get this machine as well. It gives a good narrative and lots of ideas on how to base further games.





Lastly is some of the lead that came in the smaller brown boxes. Not everything in them is listed here as it was not just orcs and goblins. the rest will turn up in a later post at some point.

I got some more goblins, lots of savage orcs and some regular orcs...



Stay tuned for more of my Orc and Goblin army in the near future and my start of painting it assuming I don't get distracted in the next few weeks..


1 comment:

  1. Awesome haul. Thanks for the pics of the wolf chariot box, I'd love to get my hands on one of the boxes.

    ReplyDelete